Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cutting Brian: intro

They are the faces you see late at night, or midday between Court TV and Tampons. They promise to right wrongs, empower the downtrodden, and bring wealth. They are called rats, leeches, and ambulance chasers. I call them by their first names. They are Lawyers.

I help make and edit commercials for them. To me they are "The Heavy Weight," "The Strong Arm" and other catch phrases, with rhymes that would make Doctor Seuss mentally do time. I see them in between a workout and before court (if they even go to court).

I will tell you stories about the film set, crazy lawyers and of me trying to overcome and make the things I really want: art and a feature film.

--J-edit




NEXT TIME: My Job Interview : how film is frailer, and more Lawyer secrets.

No comments: